[iTunes] burned CD winds up with a name that's different from the name which was typed for the playlist

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sat Feb 23 14:46:25 PST 2008

On Feb 22, 2008, at 9:31 AM, Daniel Carter wrote:

> problem:
>
> when I type a name for a new playlist, that name does not show up on
> the CD that is burned. instead, every new CD that I burn is stuck
> with a name given to an old, deleted, playlist. how may I remedy this?

I have iTunes v 7.6 on a G5 iMac. I have never seen any connection
between the name of the Playlist and information on a burned CD. The
term "Playlist" refers to the name you create on the left column of
iTunes, and is simply a reference for a collection of songs you choose
to group together. The information on a CD can be altered by selecting
a song and then selecting "Get Info" from the File menu. This menu
offers many categories, including Album, Artist, Track #, etc. But not
"Playlist".

I can only guess that you may have named your playlist the same name
as the name of the album, and then assumed that the "playlist" info
was transfered. When you are looking for this information to appear
from the burned CD, where are you looking? Are you playing it on
another computer? A CD player that has an LED display?

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.