[iTunes] Smart Playlist to pull different music from a playlist

Wilson Ng wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 19:37:44 PST 2008

On 2/23/08 8:55 AM, "itunes-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com"
<itunes-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> Subject: Re: [iTunes] Smart Playlist to pull different music from a
> playlist

>> Question I have:
>>
>> I have created a Smart Playlist to randomly pull 300 MB of music
>> from a playlist which holds 5 GB of songs.
>>
>> I want this playlist to load my 1st Gen Nano with a "fresh" set of
>> songs each time I sync it.
>>
>> But I'm missing something, as I can't seem to get it to get a new
>> batch of randomly selected music when I sync it the second time.

I have something similar to this. I added the following line:

Last played is not within the last 2 weeks

Every time I sync my nano, it will update itself automatically by removing
the songs that I just played within the last 2 weeks and then adding new
songs that haven't been played in a while. This guarantees a fresh new
playlist.

You can adjust the time length accordingly to something like not played
within the last 30 days or whatever.

:-D   Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET