[iTunes] iTunes is being strange...

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Fri Feb 29 21:24:53 PST 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Becca wrote:

> --- Ken Stevens <kestevens at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> When you disconnect your iPod do you eject it first?  The only
>> time this
>> has happened to me is when I accidently unplugged it without
>> ejecting
>> it.
>
> oh, yes - I'm very careful about this.
>
> my iPod reset itself twice today, in the middle of listening to
> an audio book, so I'm wondering if somehow the software on the
> iPod got corrupted... although the restore should have taken
> care of that, I would think.

So would I. And since it hasn't, and since your iPod resets itself, I
think you got some serious problems. You could attempt to erase the
ipod using Disk Utility. I would choose the "Write zeros" option for
erasing, even though it takes lots longer, and then perform another
restore. Then re-sync it and see what happens. If it still misbehaves,
then I would bring the iPod into an authorized repair center or start
saving for a new one.

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.