[iTunes] Upper limit to contents of iTunes?

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 07:21:51 PDT 2008

Is there an upper limit to how much can be put into any one instance of iTunes?

I had a catastrophic failure of iTunes last week, and had to completely reload iTunes from the Apple site and do a full restore on my iPod, due to downloading a corrupted song file from iTunes. I now have to re-import all my music and books into iTunes (fortunately they all seem to still be on my computer) and figured I'd take this opportunity to clean things up a bit - get rid of books I'll probably not relisten to, and so on.

But my dh has just got himself an iPod, and wants to import his entire (huge) music collection, and I'm not sure whether I should put it all into the same instance that the kids and I have our books and music, so I can share it, or whether I should load it all on his computer separately and just re-import the ones I specifically want onto my computer.

-becca