[iTunes] Upper limit to contents of iTunes?

John Linthicum linthicum at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 11:43:10 PDT 2008

On Jul 6, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Dale Shera wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:
>
>> I know someone who has about 240,000 tracks in his library...
>
> Wow! I thought I had a ridiculous amount of tracks with 24,000. (It
> took me almost a year to get everything ripped.) That's ten times
> the amount of tracks that I have! I'll bet it took that person ages
> to rip all of that stuff...

Quite an assumption that they ripped it all. Perhaps it was all
purchased legally through the various legal outlets for digital music.
I've been ripping my entire CD collection for years, and I'm only a
fraction of the way through it. I used to be a DJ, so I've got quite a
library. I've got 62k songs and iTunes doesn't even flinch at it.

--
Regards,
John