[iTunes] My iPod won't sync!

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sun Jun 29 22:49:49 PDT 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Mark Johnson wrote:

> Itunes uses the iSync preference. Try resetting sync history.

What does this mean please? What will happen as a result of resetting
sync history? I have OS 10.5.3 and I've never used the application
iSync for any of my iPods or iPhones. The only uses I've ever come
across is for .Mac and to sync my old RAZR phone to iCal and Address
Book. But now that I have an iPhone, I've never seen iSync in use.
When I connect my iPods or iPhone, iTunes is the only application
active that I can see. iSync never opens or shows up in the Activity
Monitor. When I read the "About synchronization" in the iSync Help
feature, there was mention of .Mac, bluetooth phones, PDAs, but
nothing about iPods.

Always open to learning more, though.

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.