[iTunes] library location questions

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sun Nov 23 16:40:21 PST 2008

I my system is similar to yours in that I have my library on an
external firewire drive.
Mine is connected via a cable rather than via wifi.  I disconnected my
firewire drive
and launched iTunes.  I got a message

"The folder containing "iTunes Library cannot be found, as is
required. Please choose or
create a new iTunes library."

If I click "OK" it gives me the dialogue box as if I had launched
holding the option key.

I can't try the "consolidate Library command" because I am afraid it
will go through my
internal hard drive and take all compatible files to my hard drive.
How about "Add to
Library" command?  If you go to iTunes preferences Advanced and click
"Copy files to
iTunes Music folder when adding to library it should copy the files to
your firewire library.