[iTunes] Problem docking iPod Classic since iTunes upgrade

Dale Shera dshera at mac.com
Sat Oct 18 21:24:36 PDT 2008

On Oct 18, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Carol F. Bruml wrote:

> If I attempt to dock it with my 1.67 GHz Aluminum PowerBook, using
> the same
> wire, it docks fine and shows up right away in Finder and iTunes.
> Occasionally, I have to plug it in two or three times, though.

Having to repeatedly plug and unplug the iPod to get the computer to
recognize it is a tell-tale sign that the cable is bad.

You *could* try one of these suggestions from Apple:

iPod missing in iTunes and Mac desktop
<http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1410>

But, I suspect a new cable will remedy the problem.

Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable
<http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA591G/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=NzcxNzE4

Dale