[iTunes] iTunes epic fail

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sat Feb 7 13:18:51 PST 2009

Becca:

I am really sorry to hear you are still having problems.  I will ask
at the Apple store when I go.

Failing that,  there is another solution.  Other people on this list
sometimes suggest a script.
They refer to an Applescript, which doesn't apply to Windows.  There
is a program called
QuicKeys for Windows that will do what you want.   It will launch
iTunes at any time you want
and "click" the refresh button automatically.  It's a pretty
sophisticated program that will do
a lot of other things, sort of like buying a shotgun to kill a bug.
But if the bug is really bugging
you a shotgun will work.

Here is the URL, I encourage you to download the demo and see if it
works for you.  If I remember
correctly there is a simple way of programing QuicKeys where you tell
it to watch you and it will
then repeat your actions at the time you specify day after day.  You
would then set the podcast
download to manual and let QuicKeys do the work.

http://www.cesoft.com/products/qkw.html

Ken