[iTunes] can't select "remember playback position"

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 08:43:55 PST 2009

Just got a new book (Promises in Death - Yea!) from audiobookstand.com, in mp3 format. It loaded into iTunes just fine.

But... the option to select for Remember Playback Position is grayed out. I can't modify anything in the Info screen - all I can do is select whether it's music or audiobook.

Without resume, the files are (practically) worthless - J.D Robb tends to write long chapters, and to have to start at the beginning of each chapter again will be too frustrating for words.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this before? Is there anything I can do about it?

-becca