[iTunes] I hate iTunes 8

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 12:21:38 PST 2009

Hi Becca:

When you start iTunes hold down the shift key.  This should give you a
dialogue box
allowing you to "create a new library" or to "choose a library".
Select the choose library option.
look in your Music folder for a folder "Previous iTunes Libraries".
Try to open the
most recent.  If this doesn't work you may have to open the backup,
even if it is a couple of months old,
it should have all or most of your podcasts.  For further reference:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iTunesWin/8.0/en/15502.html

As for staying up until 3am to download podcasts -
Change your computer clock to 3am
Start iTunes and hit the refresh button at the bottom right of the
podcasts window.
This tells iTunes you want to download every day at 3am.
Reset the computer clock to the correct time.

Is your computer set to reboot if there is a power glitch during the
night?  You may have a problem
with your hard drive.

Back up your iTunes library maybe once a week.

Ken