[iTunes] iTouch/iTunes difficulty

Terry Pogue tpogue at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 14:43:58 PDT 2009

On Mar 14, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Ken Stevens wrote:

> I have a number of audio books in my library.  I did not join tracks
> when I ripped them from CD.  I created a Playlist for each book and
> moved the ripped files to that playlist.  I made sure all the files
> were in order.  My books play from beginning to end from that
> playlist,
> no problem.
>
> I take it that you have several large files, one for each CD.  Try
> placing them in a playlist in the proper order and they should play
> without a problem.
>
> Failing this there is a program named Fission by Rogue Amoeba.  It
> lets you join tracks together to make one large file and then
> re-import them to iTunes.  You could also do this with Quicktime Pro.
>
> Ken

So doesn't that make the playlist really long? Each CD has dozens of
tracks and if one has a long book like The Count of Monte Cristo which
is 38 CDs. That's an incredible long playlist without joining the
tracks on each one.  that's only one reason I have always joined
tracks using iTunes at the start. I've done it that way since itunes
was first released.
I'll import a book and not join the tracks and try that. I'll let you
know.
Thanks.

http://www.terryanddave.com/Terry
"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me." Ruth Reichl