[iTunes] Watch a folder?

Kirk McElhearn kirkmc at mac.com
Tue May 26 03:08:28 PDT 2009

On May 16, 2009, at 2:22 PM, list boy wrote:

> I remember being able to do this with Audion 10 (!) years ago, and
> wonder if its possible yet with iTunes:
>
> To have a folder be "watched" or monitored for any new files that
> get added to it, and then automatically imported into iTunes.
>
> Like this, but a Mac version:
> http://lifehacker.com/5256234/iwatchsyncer-automatically-adds-new-music-to-itunes

You could use folder actions to then have an AppleScript add music
from a folder to iTunes. You'd have to find a script to do the adding:
check out Doug's AppleScripts:

http://dougscripts.com/

Not sure if he has something like that, but it's worth looking.

Kirk

Author of: Take Control of Users & Accounts in Leopard
http://www.mcelhearn.com/tco.html