[iTunes] moving iTunes from one mac to another

joAnn ortiz ask_alice at mac.com
Tue Nov 3 07:54:47 PST 2009

Hi Hector,

I haven't  done this in a while but I never have a problem with simply
going into my music folder and copying the complete iTunes folder over
to a different machine. I used this method as old fashioned backup
between my MacBook Pro & my old 15" snowball iMac. (Been a few months
now)

I know one thing to consider is whether or not you actuslly STORE your
music in your iTunes folder or throughtout your computer. That would
directly impact on whether this would be smooth or not. In any even, I
have never lost a playlist or path to the music file this way.

Good Luck

joAnn

www.flydragonconsultiing.com