[iTunes] my itunes trouble -

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sun Apr 18 19:25:53 PDT 2010

Terry:  I am only guessing because I upgraded with no problems, books, music, podcasts, videos and all.  It sounds like the library file might be corrupted.  Try holding the option key when you launch iTunes.  It will give you a choice to create a new library or to choose a library.  Create a new library
(this will not damage your current library) name it something like test and drag several books into this new library.  Now quit iTunes and relaunch (without the option key).  You should now be in your new library.  Do books still load slow?  How many gigs is your music folder?

To switch back to your old library hold down the option key again while launching and choose the old library.

Ken