[iTunes] Slightly off topic: Preferences, Sound choice help

Scott Buntin scott-xlists at scotist.com
Sat Jan 16 12:36:18 PST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 12:19 PM, Scott Stamper wrote:

> Scott,
>
> Don't know why I didn't think of this solution, but I'm glad *you* did.
>
> Easy, and works like a charm.
>
> Kirk, I couldn't figure out where the Sound menu "extra" would be. I tried option clicking at each step of the drill down to the final screen but couldn't seem to find what you were suggesting. Operator error, I'm sure! If you're willing, try teaching me again!
>
> Scott

Glad that worked!

I couldn't find a "sound" menu extra, but if you have the volume control in the menu bar, you can option-click it to get a menu of input/output sources. This is in Snow Leopard - having never seen this functionality until now, I don't know whether it exists in Leopard or older.

--
Scott