[iTunes] Wiping old iPhone before selling

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sun Jul 11 23:59:03 PDT 2010

I am selling my old iPhone to Gazelle.com and want to wipe all the
information from it before I send it. Can anyone point me to the
proper procedure? If I select "Restore", it will normally want to
erase all and then restore all from previous backup, right? How do I
perform the wipe without restoring anything? If I change the name of
the phone first, will the "Restore" function fail to find a backup
copy to restore from because the file name will have changed?

Old iPhone is 2G with 8 GB RAM, the original one from three years ago.

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.