[iTunes] itunes can't find an imported CD

scott-xlists at scotist.com scott-xlists at scotist.com
Mon Jul 12 11:23:13 PDT 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

> I have a friend who is having huge problems with iTunes and her Mac. She imported a CD and now she can't find it. She has looked for a long time, going down the list of the library. I suggested she use the search box. She did and it didn't come up. Then I told her to import again. She got a message that said it had already imported (I've never seen that I can import as many times as I want without getting that). I told her to look in both the Music and the Book library.
> So, any other suggestions on what to advise?
> terry

Did she have internet access when she imported it? If not, then it imported as "unknown album","unknown artist" and the songs are "track 01", "track 02", etc. This will also happen if the "Automatically retrieve CD track names from the internet" button is unchecked (Preferences ->General). The artist/title information is not actually on the CD - it's in a database online.

If that's the case, it will be easier to connect the the internet (or check the box) and reimport the CD than it will be to type all that information in by hand.