[iTunes] disappearing podcasts!

Bernard Munter bmunter at netspace.net.au
Thu Jun 10 03:13:48 PDT 2010

On 10/06/10 171624, "Kirk McElhearn" <kirkmc at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 10, 2010, at 1:25 AM, Becca wrote:
>
>> Ken: is there some way to get the "get" button back so I can re-download??
>
> Unsubscribe the podcast then resubscribe.

One point to watch out for with iTunes is that played podcasts will be
deleted from the library, and the hard disk, the next time you click the
'Refresh' button to check for updated podcasts.

I have learned this the hard way. Any podcasts I might want to hear again
are archived to another area outside of iTunes, and backed up.

I don't know if this is experienced by other people, or if it is a
'feature.' I believe it was not always the case.

In any event, 'unsubscribe' followed by 'subscribe' gives me the 'Get'
button to re-download them, provided they are still on the feed.