[iTunes] Strange behavior when inserting music CD

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sun Mar 28 17:56:00 PDT 2010

On Mar 28, 2010, at 4:01 PM, Greg McNeil wrote:

> Hi,
> I’ve been adding music to iTunes (9.0.3) on my unibody Macbook
> (10.6.2) and what happens when the CD is inserted is different than
> is use to be.  The CD spins and iTunes checks for track names on the
> internet.  The track names then briefly flash on the screen and then
> disappear.  The CD is never shown in the Sidebar and it doesn’t
> appear on the desktop.  If I eject the disc and reinsert it
> everything works normally except iTunes already knows the track names.
>
> Any ideas.

Perhaps the preference files (.plist) are corrupted? You could A)
search for and delete the preference file for iTunes, B) download and
use Preferential Treatment to locate and isolate any corrupted
preference files, or C) [dare I say it?] run AppleJack. I suppose
there is really option D)  put up with it. I'd leave that option for
last, though

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.