[iTunes] an iTouch question

Ray Kloss raykloss at mac.com
Mon May 17 18:43:11 PDT 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 8:23 PM, Becca wrote:

> as my current 3rd gen Nano ages, I've been thinking of replacing it with a Touch when it finally dies (may it live forever!). My one question is, how does the Touch access the internet? is there a monthly fee for that? or does it only access the Net through being connected to a computer?
>
> -becca

It can access the internet through a local WiFi network only. If you are at home and have a wireless network, it will work there. If you are out at a coffee shop of some other place with a WiFi (free) it can access it there. If you are in your car or someplace without WiFi, it will work as an iPod and can use iPhone/iPod Touch apps that do not need access to the internet to use.

RK