[iTunes] iTunes speed - update

Terry Pogue tpogue at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 09:02:42 PDT 2010

As you may recall I have been unhappy with iTunes since 9.2 which is when they made Audiobooks a sub-category of Music. It was just horribly slow to load the Books section for me and it usually took several tries of syncing "audiobooks" at the Music Tab level for the scroll bar to appear in the audiobooks playlist window of the Books tab. I was always suspicious that it was the size of Books library but some of you didn't have the problem so I wasn't sure.  Recently, with the complaints of the new iTunes 10 which I have not downloaded I decided to try and finally tackle my existing problem which I thought was the library. I started yesterday moving books from my iTunes library to my external storage drive which is a 2 TB drive and deleting those books from the main Itunes on my desktop computer.  I've got that book section of the iTunes library down to 31 GB and things have really speeded up. Now it's behaving as it did before 9.2. Hoorah. So for me on my machine the amount was the problem. From now on I will only keep one years supply of books in my regular iTunes library on the desktop computer and move anything prior to that to my storage drive. So given that this problem is solved (I think) I'll wait for a few weeks until the problems with iTunes 10 have been solved before downloading that. I haven't been following that thread because I was still struggling with prior problems.
  Terry Pogue 

My Foodie Photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrypogue/collections/