[iTunes] password difficulty

Jeff Bernstein wolltd at pobox.com
Thu Jan 13 20:03:40 PST 2011

Terry -

I have had to change my Apple password more than a dozen times in the past
few weeks because it was disabled.  Apple also no longer allows you to use a
password you've used in the past 12 months, which makes it an even bigger
problem, especially since I use MobileMe and have 4 devices syncing.  Each
time the password changes I have to change it in multiple places.  It seems
to be an issue since Find My iPhone/iPad was made available to everyone with
the release of the latest iOS.  I happen to have a short AppleID, having had
one for so long, and I guess others are trying to use it or something
similar for themselves, and that results in the password being disabled.
It's been a real pain, but so far my latest password has been okay for a
week now...

Jeff