[iTunes] changing computers

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Thu Jul 28 17:33:34 PDT 2011

Hi Becca

Interesting question,  I believe that the iPod is synced to your iTunes library on your external drive.  I don't think the computer makes any difference.
If this is not the case you can sync an iPod to more than one computer.  Here is an article on doing this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1202

The disadvantage of this system is that you loose automatic sync and have to manage your music/podcasts manually.

Now that the windows machine has died, any chance of your getting a Mac?  You can run the Windows operating system on a new Mac.  I recommend a new Mac mini and you can use the monitor and keyboard you already have.

Ken