[iTunes] apple support isn't what it used to be

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 13:47:49 PDT 2011

> Mac or Windows? If you have a Mac, just drag the app (while
> it isn't running) to the trash and empty it. It is a bit
> more complicated in Windows, but you should be able to just
> use the Remove Programs feature in Windows (I haven't worked
> with Windows since XP so I don't know what they may have
> changed in Vista or Windows 7).

Windows XP. And apparently you have to remove about 6 programs running in the background, in a specific order.

I finally paid Apple for the privilege of walking me through the process - it took maybe 1/2 hour - and now everything is working just fine. This isn't the deep removal that I was hoping for, where you go into various hidden windows files and remove bits and pieces of things, but at least iTunes is recognizing my iPods now.

-becca