[iTunes] a joining tracks problem

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 29 10:29:00 PST 2012

I've got an audio book in mp3 format (56 tracks!) on a cd that I want to import to itunes as one track, but the "join tracks" line is grayed out.

Is there any way to join mp3 tracks into one big file? (I understand you can do it with Goldwave, but I've never done that before, and don't know what I'd be doing - I can't understand why iTunes won't let me join the tracks.)

any advice, please?

thanks!

-becca

"Grant us, in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding."

Paladin of Souls (HB page 35), Lois McMaster Bujold