[Test] Re: ListTest Digest, Vol 1, Issue 3

Eric Prentice eric at drbott.com
Sun Aug 15 23:33:27 PDT 2004

OK, now this is really cool. When receiving a message that is too large
most mailing list servers will just reject the message sending an error
back to the person sending it.

Mailman in this case, did 2 things. First it sent a message back to the
person sending it saying that the message is being held because it was
too large, and offered a link that would cancel the message. It also
sent a message to the list owner letting them know that a message is
being held because it was too large offering them the choice of letting
the message through to the list or rejecting it.

Pretty cool stuff. (That is if you get excited about this kind of
stuff...)

Eric