[Automator] Problem with iPhoto -> Finder Copy -> Preview Scale -> Finder Move -> Finder Rename

Paul pwblackb at uc.cl
Tue Nov 1 09:50:45 PST 2005

Hi all.

The subject basically sums up the workflow. The purpose is to take
the selected iPhoto images, copy them to the /tmp dir, scale them
down  to a specified picture value, move them back to ~/Pictures/
Scaled and then rename them with "-size" where size is the pixel size
used in scaling them.

This worked wonderfully before 10.4.3, I suspect the update my have
had something to do with it.

The error is

" Can't make «class ipmr» id 4.294967401E+9 of application "iPhoto"
into the expected type. (-1700) "

Gotta love those cryptic error messages from Apple   :-)

There is no arrow linking the first item, Get Selected iPhoto Items,
with the second, Copy Finder Items. Both filetypes on the right of
these actions are in red. I suspect that this is the root of the
problem.

But then why did this work yesterday? And how might I get it working
again?

The workflow can be downloaded from

http://bra.fis.puc.cl/resize.tar

iPhoto 5.0.4, 10.4.3 Tiger.