[BusMac] The List and its future

Peter Gutmann peterg at arakawagrip.com
Tue Jun 1 10:44:12 PDT 2004

Good idea on the introductions.

Arakawa is a supplier of hardware for hanging "things" from very small
steel cable.  Shelves, signs, art, etc.  We use BizBasics (Filemaker
Pro templates for Customer Service, Mail order, Inventory) and
Filemaker Server, QuickBooks, iPhoto for tracking photos of user
installations.  Have a 10 user mac-only network, with a linux server
running filemaker databases (about 40 different ones, almost 1 GB of
data).

Most of my questions tie in to using BizBasics, or finding cheap and
effective ways of sharing information within a networked office
environment.  For example, we figured out how to create private and
shared calendars for all employees using iCal and one .mac
subscription, so that we have a shared calendar server so we all know
each other's schedules.

Not very pleased with QuickBooks, but haven't heard any convincing
evidence that other accounting software apps are better.

Regards,

Peter
Arakawa Hanging Systems USA, Inc.
1020 SE Harrison St.