[BusMac] The List and its future

Paul E.R. Packbier - PCR Environmental, Inc. paul at pcrguam.com
Tue Jun 1 16:35:50 PDT 2004

Hi Peter:

We have the 8820DN (D for double-sided and N for Network)
<http://solutions.brother.com/mfc8420us/index.html>

It's setup with its own e-mail address (you can e-mail to the machine
from anywhere in the world and it will print), scan to e-mail, and fax
from any Mac on the network.

I remember that the initial setup was challenging until I figured out
how to access the machine via web browser and modify settings that way.
  They may have a newer model out already, but when it came to replacing
our $7,000 Xerox copier this $900(?) machine has performed as well
without all the paper jams..  (We need to take our 11x17s to the copy
center, though ...)

Paul

On Jun 2, 2004, at 9:15 AM, Peter Gutmann wrote:

> which Brother MFC?  I've got a Brother MFC (Intellifax 4750e with
> 8100-h network card) that I can't get to work properly.
>
> Arakawa Hanging Systems USA, Inc.
> 1020 SE Harrison St.
> Portland, OR 97214
> 888.ARAKAWA (232.5292)
> T 503.236.0440
> F 503.236.0427
> http://www.arakawagrip.com
> On Jun 1, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Paul E.R. Packbier - PCR Environmental,
> Inc. wrote:
>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> We are a small environmental consulting company on the U.S. Territory
>> of Guam (7 hours west of HI by plane).  We're an all Mac office with
>> Airport Extreme and ethernet to tie in an HP Laser Printer and a
>> Brother MFC all-in-on (which, by the way, works wonderful on our Mac
>> network).  Still using my Cube alongside the brand new DP G5 on my
>> desk because VPC doesn't run yet on G5s and I need it for QB Pro.  As
>> soon as VPC can migrate over to the G5, I'm planning on venturing the
>> Cube into OS X Server territory for a more central file management
>> system ....
>>
>> Did not like the QB Mac latest version.  Two of my major gripes were
>> that it doesn't do payroll, and you can not make
>> projects/clients/vendors, etc. INACTIVE.  After importing all data
>> from QBPro2003 windows version, I had to deal with 8 years worth of
>> records that could not be hidden somewhere while browsing, for
>> instance, our active projects list.  Not nice.
>>
>> Paul

>> PCR Environmental, Inc. - SBA Section 8(a) Certified SDB
>> 266 Father San Vitores Street
>> Tamuning, Guam 96913-3622 USA
>> (671) 646-3560; Fax (671) 646-3563
>>
>> http://www.pcrguam.com

>> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
>> <BusMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>> Need help from a real person? Try.
>> <BusMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>>
>> ----------
>> $14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your
>> Mac ISP Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!
>> http://macinternetaccess.com
>>
>> MoniSwitch | Moniswitch, share keyboard & monitor between all your
>> Macs!
>> Dr. Bott   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/msUSB.html>
>>
>>   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
>>   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

> <BusMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <BusMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> MoniSwitch | Moniswitch, share keyboard & monitor between all your
> Macs!
> Dr. Bott   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/msUSB.html>

PCR Environmental, Inc.