[BusMac] Trashing updates?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon May 31 13:05:41 PDT 2004

Roy Preston said:

>Randy. Can I trash my Mac OS X 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 downloaded updates now
>that I've updated to 10.3.4?

If you, for some reason, need to restore your OS from scratch, you can
always restore OS X 10.3 from the original disks and either use Software
Update to update to the latest version, or download a combined updater to
update directly to the latest version.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxcombined1034update.html

>Can I go straight from 10.3 to 10.3.4 if I
>have to reinstall?

Yes, see above.

>If so, can I also trash the older QuickTime updates?

I'm not sure.  I am of the impression that Apple makes available the
entire new version of QuickTime with each update.  So, if you have an
older version backed up or on CD, you can download the entire latest
update.

But if you have the Pro version, I would make sure that you have a backup
of it to avoid problems if you ever need to restore it.

>Roy P(S. Am I the only one receiving a duplicate of every email?)

I'm not.  But the server for the list is having problems.

Randy B. Singer

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went
nuts. - Steven Wright