[BusMac] Web conferencing/meeting

A.Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Tue Jan 18 20:38:20 PST 2005

Does anyone here have any experience with running web-based meetings,
using your Mac?

I'm looking into options for having meetings of two to four people via
the web, preferably without the other participants needing to download
anything (i.e. no special "client" software needed). Ideally it would
allow audio and video, share powerpoints (or keynote presentations) and
other multimedia, and a whiteboard... and be able to be recorded.

Options that I've come across include webex.com (appears to download a
separate application), marratech pro (but I think it needs client
software), megameeting.com (appears to require Windows for their
"presenter" system), and glance.net (appears to require Windows for the
meeting host). I haven't used any of these yet, and I'm sure there are
probably others.

If anyone has experience using a web-based system with some or all of
the features I've mentioned, I'd love to hear about your experiences,
and advice (or even other ideas for systems to check out).

Thanks,
Scott