Spinning beach ball

ACS cardam at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 1 10:01:50 PST 2002

Are you using Jaguar? I have noticed more frequent CPU lockup since
upgrading to 10.2.2 - or is it mismanaged HD access, or a combination
of the two? I keep my eyes on Cee Pee You, and during these lockups, it
usually pins at 100%, so I had been blaming the system and faulty
multitasking. Any geniuses out there have a better explanation? BTW,
this phenomenon manifests for me at other times as well, particularly
when I attempt to open my bookmarks or history file in Chimera.