[CUBE] OT: USB card reader?

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Mon Dec 2 09:26:02 PST 2002

>>>How about a FW card reader?  I have the Lexar  FireWire
>>>CompactFlash reader and it's very nice.
>>
>>and i doubt that FW readers are cheap.
>>

>I think mine cost like $40.  It's $27.97 at buy.com.
>http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10261414&loc=101 Would you
>consider that cheap?

Sure, nice gadget, but unfortunately does not support mm cards :(

>I don't want to come across as argumentative.  Rather I just want to
> point out that FW devices have really come down in price from where
>they were a year or two ago.  Take this in the vein of combatting
>"Macs are expensive" hearsay.

No prob, I have to admit I wasn't aware of similar FW devices and
wouldn't even bother looking for one. OTOH I do have a lot of FW
devices and in no way prefer their USB counterparts. FW works much
batter for all applications.
--
Riba, riba at hi.hinet.hr on 02.12.2002