Modem Sounds

R. LeManuel Cato rlcato at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 9 07:36:40 PST 2002

When I replaced my Performa 6400 with a Cube, I had to put up with almost
having my ears blasted out of my head with the modem sounds. So I would hit
the mute button. I would forget to hit the button again until the menu
flashed under OS 9 (No indicators in OS X). Then I remembered 'hey, there's
an option to turn the sound off in the control panel. I'm much happier now.
But, if you like watching your 'balls' roll off the table the go to your
modem control panel and turn the sound on. I think in OS X go to Network and
do the same there.

Manuel