[CUBE] CPU upgrade < Gaming

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Dec 22 13:53:30 PST 2002

> The main reason I was going to upgrade was for games...but I bought a
> Game Cube for $125 instead, along with Metroid Prime (coolest game
> ever!!!), Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2, Mortal
> Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Maddens 2003, and already pre-ordered Zelda:
> the Wind Waker all for less than the 800MHz upgrade (rebates, free
> controllers, free carrying case, and $70 worth of discounts at best
> buy), and suddenly I don't care much about GeForce 3 cards, 1.5gb of
> RAM, processors, frames per second, heat, etc...
>
> All I've had on my mac for the last 3 years was Quake 3.
>
> I love my G4 Cube, but I've come to the realization that gaming was
> meant for consoles (except in the case of Quake 3 Arena). My Cube now
> does work/internet only...and does it well at 450MHz. Games, like Jedi
> Knight 2, are SMOOTH AS SILK! A constant 60fps, with much better detail!

That's exactly what I was talking about for months. If you are into games,
forget the expensive upgrades, just get yourself a console - the games are much
better there.

On an unrelated note, drop me a mail if the deal we discussed a while ago is
still valid...I got sudden transfer to Germany until 31st of December and then
I'll be back home - I'd like to do it asap - sorry for making you
wait.

Ova poruka poslana je upotrebom HThinet WebMail usluge.
https://webmail.hinet.hr