Novice advice

Mark Plunkett mplunkett at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 24 08:03:07 PST 2002

Happy Holidays to all:

I know this has been covered extensively in the past, so it might be
best to reply directly to me off the list.

I am about to replace my HD ( a 30GB Quantum fireball) with a new
Seagate 80GB (I lust for silence)

1)do I want cable select or master?

2)I have a OWC mercury FW enclosure for the old drive. Any pearls there?

3) I want to upgrade to Jaguar from 10.1.5  I am totally confused about
whether or not to partion the drive or not?  I am a home user.

4) I want to put my extensive music library on it for use with my iPod
and I also have a pretty big iPhoto library. How should I best do this
with my new (old) FW Drive?

5) My kids have a older iMacDV that I would like to airport so they can
look up their e-mail on their computer. Do I still need the airport
station now? And how many airport cards?

Happy Holidays.

Thanks for the help,
Mark
mplunkett at austin.rr.com