Sonnet 800Mhz Upgrade?...

Tom Davidson TomD_ALG at robotgroup.org
Sat Nov 23 11:33:00 PST 2002

Dont hold your breath for the 7457..

Samples by Feb, production by June,
but the power is nearly the same as a 1GHz 7455,
but it runs at 1.3GHz. Where it really shines is when
you run it at 700Mhz at 1V or so, then it'll drop to
about 7W or so says Moto in the leaked .PDF that
MacOSRumours had linked a few weeks ago.

Having been in the chip biz, my take is MOT has not taped it out yet.
SOI is a new process for them, new process means delays and circuit bugs.
Remember, Apple gets 1st dibs and they are going to stockup for 2003
holiday sales.
  I would not expect the little players like Powerlogix
or Sonnet to get production chips until late 2003, 4thQtr.