Cube overheats

Randy Spencer israndy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 15:43:50 PST 2002

I love the look of the Cube and wanted one since I first saw one, now that
they are cheaper I got one off EBay with a 17" LCD.  Problem is that I can't
get it stable, 8 months now and it still crashes all the time.  I put the 20
gig that came with it back in after the 80 gig Seagate gave up the ghost but
it's no better.  I spoke to the Geniuses at the Apple Store who pointed me
to the Temperature probe programs and the one in my Dock now shows me
running as much as 48 degrees.  With the case off and no number crunching
it's as little as 24 degrees (Did I mention that was centigrade?)  The
question is, what is everyone else getting?  Is the a cool running HD that I
should put in there.  I got the Cube because I didn't want a fan, so unless
you have a silent solution for that I am probably not interested.  Did I
read somewhere that there are Dual Processor cards from the other G4s that
can be used in our cubes?  Do they have a fan?

  -Randy

=====
Randy Spencer (http://geocities.com/israndy)
Citrus Insight #5427  510 748-0463