[CUBE] OT: Macintoshki Cubenik conspiracy

JKnapp915 at aol.com JKnapp915 at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 13:15:25 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/4/03 12:06:49 PM, jallan at freeuk.com writes:

<< Well " Off Topic " - but it the the silly season in media terms as everyone
goes off on holiday and there is no new to publish.

Off topic indeed.  But...
I spent ten years in Germany, and I got around to most of the Western
European countries.  I spoke German fluently then, and had many good friends there.
I still correspond with some of them, even more than thirty years later.
Don't be offended by American humor.  Americans are the least likely people
to regret the passing of the wall.  Indeed, my German friends are ambivalent
about it; glad to see it go, but reluctant in the knowledge that they'll have to
pay to update the infrastructure of the former East Bloc.  They also consider
the East Germans lazy, too accustomed to the Communist regime and the lack of
need to work hard.  I expect it will take a full generation before the new
immigrants to the west catch up, and for those who stay in the east, it may well
take longer.
Sorry to continue an off-topic theme, but I enjoy hearing from non-americans,
and I thought the above needed saying.
Jack