[CUBE] ECC when it come to memory

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun Aug 17 08:14:12 PDT 2003

Error Correcting something-or-other [Code (?)]

It uses an extra parity bit to check and correct the bytes.

I do not think that Macs use ECC chips.  So, you do not heed the
extra expense.  You can call the friendly folks at
http://www.datamem.com/ for more detailed explanations.  Their site
also lists memory needs for any device or CPU that you have in mind
(for example, I got extra memory for my HP 2500 Color Laser Printer
there).

--Steve