[CUBE] Installing Processor Upgrades.. How Hard?

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Mon Aug 18 10:45:08 PDT 2003

I agree that the DVD provided b y Powerlogix is quite helpful. I
installed my PL 800mHz upgrade last week. My initial install time was
about 45 minutes. I've upgraded RAM, installed a hard drive, airport
card and added a base fan before, so I was somewhat familiar with the
insides of the Cube.

I later opened it up and attempted to overclock the 800 to 900 mHz,
only to have it crash when I ran Unreal Tournament. By the time I
opened it up to re-clock it to the original speed, I was doing the
tear-down to re-assemble in about 15 minutes. It's really not that hard.

-Hal

p.s. aside from the "coma issue" (my Cube won't wake from sleep now,
but worked fine before the upgrade), my 800mHz Cube is working great.
It definitely works as advertised. It's noticeably faster.