Setting cd burner in iTunes

abillups at mac.com abillups at mac.com
Thu Aug 21 06:52:47 PDT 2003

Have a problem. Got a new  external firewire cd burner for the Cube.
Burns fine from Toast, but iTunes does not recognize the burner. It is
a Memorex that I picked up at Fry's. Am I out of luck? iTunes still
lists my old Yamaha burner and says it doesn't find a burner.

I checked Apple's website, and Memorex is not listed, the Apple System
Profiler says that it is not supported.

I am trying to burn an audible file to cd, and the Audible site doesn't
give any directions other than using iTunes. When I try to burn it with
Toast, it says it doesn't recognize the file type as one that can be
burned as an audio cd.

Am I out of luck here?