Giga vs. Powerlogix

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Thu Dec 11 06:34:01 PST 2003

Is this forum dead? Haven't seen anything in a few days.

Anyway, I am a little disappointed that the 1.4 GHz Powerlogix upgrades
are still vaporware - I've got the cash & the permission from the wife to
go for it! But they don't seem to exist yet. And the response from OWC's
customer support (and the total lack of Powerlogix cube upgrades at OWC)
makes me wonder if I shouldn't just go with the GigaDesigns 1.2 GHz. COme
on, what's 0.2 GHz? (other than nearly half the speed of the current
cube?).

The cube Owner forums have about 3 or 4 people that have had problems with
the GigaDesigns upgrade. What's the consensus here? Are they Viable?
Reliable?

Opinions, anyone?

Allan