Cube DVDR Drive

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Tue Dec 16 19:38:34 PST 2003

Leo Baghdassarian wrote:
> I am thinking about upgrading my cube with a DVDR drive as well.  Did you
> purchase a kit, or did you make the sled/adaptor to hold the drive yourself?
> Did you upgrade your processor or video card?
>
> Thanks,
> Leo

I bought my internal, slotloading Superdrive from MCE Technologies.
It's currently featured on their homepage.  It looks like it has come
down in price since I bought mine (isn't that aways the way), and it
looks like they doubled the write speed.  I think mine is only a 1X
and cost me >$400, but the one they are advertizing now is a 2x for $389.

It isn't a kit, it's a drop-in replacement for the DVD-ROM.  No
bracket modification required.

Earlier (a year back???) I had already upgraded the CPU to a PL1.2Ghz
with fan (quite quiet if you ask me), an ATI Radeon 32Mb graphics board,
an 80Gig 7200rpm drive, and 1.5Gigs of ram.  It's a sweet little machine
now.  Running Panther 10.3.  I'm a happy camper 8^).

-- jcw

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator