[CUBE] scratches on cube

Tom Hostler hostler at mac.com
Sat Feb 1 05:29:04 PST 2003

> I remember there was once a post about scratches on the cubes and how
> to get rid of them. When i used to repair planes there was a product we
> used on the windshields that worked very well It was called micromesh
> and basically it was a little kit that came with very fine sandpaper in
> various grits up to 15000 i think it was. Anyway thats my 2 euro cents

This come with no warranty, but household metal (yes metal!) polish works
very well on soft plastic. In the UK we have a brand called "Brasso" which
is in a liquid form (consistency of pouring cream) and you simply put some
on a soft cloth and use gentle circular motion around the scratch and
massage it away. Work on Watch glass too ...

If you rub the liquid between your fingers it has no 'grittiness' that you
can perceive, so if you try it with whatever you have - do that finger test
first! It's obviously a very fine abrasive in a liquid suspension.

Never done it on a cube, but have on perspex and similar 'soft' plastics
that are translucent to great effect.