[CUBE] cube lust

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Thu Feb 6 15:51:50 PST 2003

>> My 450MHz still serve me perfectly well. I will get the CPU upgrade
>> just because it will eventually be affordable, not because i need it.
>> What kind of intensive computations are all you people doing on your
>> cubes??
>>
> Games. It's all about the games. If not for Diablo II, Unreal
> Tournament and Quake3, I'd not even consider the CPU upgrade. My
> 500mHz stock chip is plenty fast for most other stuff.

I used to love playing a game or two. Then I used Playstation II for
that stuff and realized they are much better over there. Then PS II
died, and just recently it occured to me that I haven't been playing
any games for quite a while now, the Radeon doesn't even get a prper
workout with its passive heatsink anymore :) I guess lack of time.

I mean, for a price of GF3 you can get one hell of a game console that
will beat any upgraded cube out there. Or just get a PC :)