[CUBE] Cube with custom case ends at $1312.87

stefan friedl herr.friedl at labdir.org
Mon Feb 10 13:54:16 PST 2003

woohoo! how exciting! i just watched (refresh, refresh) an auction
ending in 4 minutes. nothing happened until 40 seconds before ending.
cube was at 750 $. then suddenly another bidder came in bidding 760,
but the first guy had some time left and got it for 771 $ back again.

that was fun to watch.

Am Montag, 10.02.03, um 22:03 Uhr (Europe/Vienna) schrieb John Anthony:

> All early bidding does is drive up the item price and disclose your
> intentions on the item thus leaving you open to phony (shill) bids
> that further jack up the price..
>
> Why would anyone try to bid on an auction with days left? You cannot
> win the auction that way. It is easy to spot the newbies on eBay they
> bid like crazy for days on the same item.
>
> Shill bidding is easy to spot just check the shill bidders other
> auctions that they are bidding on. Most of the time the shiller will
> only follow one or two sellers. I notify eBay whenever I suspect this.
> I only use online services to bid with 5 or 6 seconds left in the
> auction. You will never see me during the bidding process. So call me
> what you want. Most people call me the winner of the auction. I set my
> price and that is IT. If I win good, if not Oh Well, try try again. I
> just scored 2 older powerbooks Sunday night with sniping. Other
> bidders never knew I was there and I do not have to worry about my
> refresh going in with 20 seconds left. It is not slimy it is SMOOTH.
>

> P.S. I make a decent buck on eBay as a seller too, mostly through
> resale's of items that were listed wrong or F***'d up.

> >>Sniping is the slimy bidding practice of entering a bid 20 seconds
>

> >>before
>

> >>the auction closes. You know they can't enter a bid in the short
>

> >>time
>

> >>remaining.
>

> >I fail to see how this is a "slimy" bidding practice...
>

> >John

<image.tiff>