iPod FIXED! was: Re:iPod battery life

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 10:10:25 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 11:13  PM, mentholiptus wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 11:00  PM, Chris Lim wrote:
>
>> Have you tried a hard reset? Hold down the menu, enter and play key.
>> My
>> brand new ipod had a similar problem, played for 3 hours and died,
>> battery
>> ran flat after I left it for a few days. Ok, it was a week. After the
>> hard
>> reset I got the advertised 10 hours.
>
> I'd only done the menu + play reset before, but I tried it with enter
> + menu + play just now (After charging all day) and it reset, then
> BAM...empty battery symbol. Oy.....back to the genius bar.

So hey...after writing this previous email, I plugged my iPod into the
wall and went to sleep. This morning I unplugged it from the wall, and
thought I'd see how long it would run before dying, so I set it to play
every song and cranked the volume to full blast.

It's been over 3 hours now, and I still have 3/4 of battery life
left...so I guess it worked!

Thank you Chris.  : )

Oh, I also just noticed (and this was a complete surprise) I have 666
songs on my iPod...Maybe that has something to do with it? ; )

jesse

.