[CUBE] iPod FIXED! was: Re:iPod battery life

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Thu Feb 13 06:09:38 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 06:42  PM, Alan Thompson wrote:

> did you do the break open the ipod and disconnect the battery trick or
> not - it's not clear by your post.  or did you do the play, enter, and
> menu button reset  followed by the wall-only charge cycle?
>
> i'm pondering doing this to my pod

Yeah, I did the play + enter + menu reset, then charged it on the wall.
It played for just over 9 hrs on full blast, non-stop, and it played 2
50+ mb comedy stand-ups in the process.

I was reeeal close to doing the battery trick...I had found an app to
back up my playlists, but was DREADING opening up my iPod. I'm just
happy Chris responded to my email in time.

But who knows how long this fix will last...I think it's all because of
the stupid clock on the iPod now, however, people have had the same
problem with the 1.1 software....so who knows.

I guess I didn't mind too much, since I use it in the car alot, and
have a car adapter so it gets power while it plays, but I'm thinking
about getting the Burton AMP, and if the battery only lasted 20
minutes, what's the point. I'd have to strap a car battery to my back,
and if I biffed, it could be toxic.

jesse

.